Pages

December 29, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

I was born 44 years ago today.  Wow, I can't believe I am in my forties!  DH took the day off from hunting and said we can do whatever I want today.  Hmmm....with a 13 yo and a 2yo grandson, I can guarantee they would rather stay home but here's the plan.  I would like to go to Colonial Williamsburg and see the Christmas decorations, maybe shop a little.  But first I want to go to LNS in Virginia Beach (which is totally in the opposite direction) and get fabric for my new project, Red House Sampler.  Then after Colonial Williamsburg I want to go to the outlets and get a new purse.  I really want a Dooney & Bourke but the budget may only allow for new Vera Bradley instead.  Have you seen the bargains you can get on the Vera Bradley website  if you are interested in retired colors or styles?  Next stop will be the Yankee Candle store, not that I need anything there but, hey...he said whatever I want to do!  =).  Last stop will be dinner at Carrabas.  I am most excited about starting my new project.  Oh, there's nothing like the high of starting a new project.  I guess that is how we stitchers end up with so many unfinished projects.  I have so many UFO's, most of which were started as a class project, on a whim, or as a SAL and they will never see the light of finishedhood.  I have resolved to be a one at a time stitcher (ornaments excluded, of course).  I've actually had some practice at it this past year.  So that is my goal for the next decade. I'd love to choose a chart, purchase the necessary supplies, stitch it, frame it, then start another.  Like most stitchers, I have an enormous stash.  I'm not a fast stitcher so how am I going to stitch from my stash AND stitch new designs?  That is the question of the century!  I have to think of my stash as a collection.  It will not all get stitched.  It is much easier to add to the stash than it is to deplete it.  Maybe a solution would be to rotate....one new project, one from the stash, one new project, one from the stash.  Another solution would be to spend more time stitching and less time staring idly at the tv most evenings!  I hope you have a great day!!

7 comments:

Stitcher said...

Happy Birthday, hope you got everything you wanted.

Faye said...

Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like you were going to have BIG fun~~ Faye

Jackie's Stitches said...

Happy Birthday! Your plans sound like a super fun day! I'm going to start something new on New Years I think.

Siobhán said...

Happy birthday!! I hope you get everything you want & to do everything you want. It sounds like a super fun day.

I am going to really enjoy watching your progress on Red House Sampler. I've wanted to stitch it for awhile--it's a beauty!

Happy 2010!

Sharlotte said...

Happy belated Birthday Carol! I have one in a couple of days. Man you don't look 44! I would love to go to Colonial Willamsburg too.I love that type of stuff. Have you tried consignments shops for a Dooney $ Bourke? I know it's not the same as a new one, but a lot of them still look great after years of use. I bought one once for 95 cents . My husband through it out! Men just don't get it do they?

Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you made it to Dyeing to Stitch. In Wmbg, you could have hit up Haus Tirol too!! I LOVE the Yankee Candle store and they have Vera Bradley too. I could just spend an entire day in that store! LOL Happy New Year! Suz

Meari said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Sounds like a great day to me!