Pages

November 28, 2010

Christmas Table Runner

No Black Friday shopping for me this year, nothing I needed for gifts was on sale.  Instead, Heather and I went to see what two local quilt shops had on sale for Black Friday.  We had fun, bought a few things, and didn't have to fight the crowds.
Saturday was spent sewing!!  This fabric was purchased last week at one shop's open house.















Put it all together and this is what you get:


I need to add the border fabric today but I couldn't wait to share!  This is my best piecing work so far. 
I hope to have it quilted and on the table by next weekend!

Edited....I added the border fabric this afternoon.  Now to the quilting!  I will use a simple stitch in the ditch quilting job to finish this up, hopefully one night this week.
That's all for now.  Ciao!

4 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

Carol, it's really pretty! I love how the trees seem to be growing out of the lawn. It's pieced beautifully!

Christina said...

Absolutely stunning Carol - really festive!

MARIA said...

That's beautiful!!

Siobhán said...

Carol, that is so pretty! If I ever get more competent with my machine, I'd love to do some table runners. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Oh, and hey, how's your stitchy WIP coming along?!