Pages

July 21, 2005

On the subject of cross stitch, I haven't done any. Nil, nada, none. I did, however, buy some at the LNS in Kitty Hawk, NC while vacationing at my favorite place on earth, the NC Outer Banks!
On the subject of crochet, last night I started an afghan for my DD to take to college with her next month. I am making a rectangular granny "square". Granny squares are my fave! I am using navy and orange yarn (school colors), forgot what brand but it is VERY soft. My DD will be attending the University of Virginia. DH, DD, and I are headed to Charlottesville Sunday. We have an orientation to attend on Mon & Tues. Probably going to orient us on how much more money they are going to squeeze out of us! :-0
My 9yo is learning to crochet. We started with the basic chain at about age 7 and this past winter she learned the single crochet. Last night she refreshed herself on the single crochet and began to learn the double crochet. She is going to "help" me with the afghan project.

No comments: