Pages

October 3, 2006

What Have I Been Up To?

Updates in blue.


In a nut shell (besides working and home life): car shopping, taking care of sick child, helping DD1 with college assignment, taking parents to a (bust of a) flea market, going to Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens, going to family cookout, having DD2 home from college for a day and bonding with her new puppy, watching tv, and stitching just a little.

Here's what I have stitched so far on Evergreen.







Here's DD2 and her new puppy Roxanne, Roxie for short. Roxie is a chocolate lab and she is so sweet!!



Car shopping isn't going well. I was set on getting a Yukon, Tahoe, Yukon XL, or Suburban. Test drove a nice 2001 Yukon XL last week. I had it for 24 hours and could have easily become attached to it. Unfortunately being the obsessive, compulsive person that I am, I had to punch numbers and figured that if gas goes back to $3/gallon it will cost me about $90/week to commute to work. Even though gas has gone down, the gas market is too volatile to risk so I gave up on the idea of an SUV and went back to my old idea of a Chevrolet Impala. An Impala will only ocst $43/week in gas if gas goes back up and only $29/week if it stays at $2/gallon. Even less if it keeps going down (paid $1.93 Sunday). Another plus for the Impala is that I can park it in my attached garage. A definite plus.


This is my current ride, a 97 GMC Safari. It has 132,000 miles on it and I put all but 42 of them on it!! It's been a good vehicle to me but it's time to retire her and move on. I just don't need a mini van anymore.








This is the awesome ride I test drove. the one that would cost an arm and a leg to drive 72 miles a day round trip. It's a 2001 Yukon XL and I loved it!!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

$1.93 a gallon! Wow! Our cheapest is $2.76. Diesel is at $3 now. It's going down, but I think the term price gouging comes to mind here. It's really tough. I've heard that even Seattle (which is 4 hours away) has much cheaper gas than we do.
I'd like a Yukon too. I have a Mitsubishi Montero that I've had since 1992 and really love it. We just had a used engine put in it. The mechanic's shop even paid for it. The overhaul they did in January didn't go so well. They made it right though and found an engine in Utah they shipped here. It has a lot more power than my old motor did.
Have a great day and enjoy those low prices while they last!