Pages

February 5, 2007

Border Stitching Plan

Here's my plan for future border stitching:
On my working copy of the chart, I am going to mark at least 12 points on the border. That's at least 3 points on each side. I'm sure I will mark more than 12. By "marking points" I mean I am going to take a highlighter and highlight an area of the border AND an area of stitching so that while I am stitching the border as I come to one of the highlighted areas I can make sure I am still on track. This way if I miscount I'll catch it a lot sooner!
On Evergeen, I noticed about half way that my border was a bit off. It was near a flower and I assumed that the flower must be off instead of checking to see if my border was off.
I can't tell you how many times I have stitched a border that didn't meet up at the end. Actually I'm not sure that I have ever stitched a border that matched up the first time. OK, maybe on an ornament. LOL!
If anyone has any border stitching pointers, I 'd love to hear them.
Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good plan.