January 26, 2006

I started my sampler project last night. I finally decided on Salvation Sampler by Words of Praise, a local designer but I guess not a new designer as the chart is copyrighted 1982. I don't even know if this designer is still in the designing business. I had to make a floss color change. The linen I chose for the project is 28 ct. natural. The floss color for the sampler border was 612 which turned out to be an exact match to the fabric. So I spent 15 minutes trying to choose a new color for my border. This morning before I left for work, I put the project in my K's Creation lap frame. I can't wait to pick it up tonight. The border is 3 rows, 100 stitches wide. I promised myself that I will not start the upper case alphabet until I get that much of the border done. I see a few places on the chart where I will have to make changes. The verse at the bottom is left justified and I plan to center it. I'll post pics as soon as I have some progress to share.

No comments: