Pages

February 7, 2006

To say that I am a little frustrated with my current sampler project, Salvation Sampler by Words of Praise, would be an understatement. First, the chart used to come packaged as a kit but is now sold only as a chart. The directions do not tell you what fabric they used nor is there a color picture of the chart (I chose this design from the model at the LNS) The owner of the LNS said to call her when I was ready to stitch it and she'd look up the fabric used. Did I do that? Of course not! I just chose to use 28 ct. natural (cashel?). Well it has been one problem after another. First, the thread used for the border is the same color as the fabric so I picked a different color. The fabric for the alphabet (which is NOT the same color as the border) is also too close of a match to the fabric. I stitched a row between the alphabet letters, now I think that color does not look good with the new border color. ARG!!! I am officially throwing in the towel. If I keep on with this project it will surely become a UFO. I am going to FROG what I have done and start again another time on much lighter fabric. I have also come to realize that I don't like linen as much as I thought I did. I like evenweaves and stitching over two but the threads on linen can be annoying! So, what's up next? It's going tohave to be something that I have all of the supplies for. Maybe a different sampler or, I really should work on Mermaid of the Pearls before the Olympics start when I can only work on Scarlet O'Hara. I'm going to go do some wish list shopping now at my favorite online LNS.

No comments: