Pages

November 19, 2006

Drum Roll Please

I have been trying all week to update my blog but I can't seem to find one spare minute! At work I have been busy trying to make sure all my work is caught up and organized FOR THE NEXT PERSON! Yes, I got the job!!! It's a promotion with a salary increase of 14.5%!!! The 27th will be my first day at the new job, however both places will share me for a few weeks until my position is filled. This can happen since I promoted within the DOC. I have to go to my old job on the days the other girl is off. She has about 10 days of leave to use before Jan.9. My new boss said they can share me thru 12/18 but my old boss is flipping out and trying to get it extended until at least 1/9. He's actually trying to get me two days a week until my position if filled and trained. I'm pretty confident that's not going to happen.
I know I've made the right decision. It's more money!! Who can't use that? And it's closer to home!! More money saved!! I just hope I will be comfortable and happy in the new environment. I am going to have to deal with more than 3 other people a day and I'm not used to that. All the money in the world doesn't make up for being miserable earning it 8 hours a day! TTFN!
Off to church now and then some Christmas shopping. More later!

1 comment:

Carina said...

Congratulations, Carol!!! I hope you enjoy the new job.

(Yes, I really am still around and do still check on you via your blog!) :) Our Mirabilia group is starting to get active again which is nice....