Pages

December 30, 2008

Happy New Year!

I am planning to spend my New Year's Eve the same way as I have for many years past. Cross stitching while watching the Twilight Zone marathon on the Sci-Fi channel. I look forward to this each year. My project is Find Your Happy Place and my goal is to finish it. I have so many projects I would like to stitch in 2009, but.......my family insists that I finish Scarlet O'hara. My husband told me that if I will finish it, he will immediately take it to the framers and get it hung on our wall. He, and my daughters, think I will never finish Scarlet so I think I will have to prove them wrong.
Christmas has once again come and gone. I had a great Christmas and I hope you did too. The best part was being with my family and seeing my grand babies enjoy the magic of Christmas.
My oldest DD and her baby spent the night here (her hubby is deployed) and I remarked to my DH that this is probably the last Christmas morning when all of our children will wake up in the house together. DD2 will begin her teaching career in the fall and she plans to get her own place then. DD3 was very excited to receive a Wii for Christmas and we are all quite sore from playing the sports games. You really get a workout playing a Wii. I hosted Christmas dinner here and my parents and my brother's family came over and it was just wonderful to be with family.

On a crafty note, I made these treat bags to give to my co-workers.

It's snowman soup! The tag reads: "Was told you've been real good this year, always glad to hear it. With freezing weather drawing near, you'll need to warm the spirit. So here's a little snowman soup, complete with stirring stick. Add hot water, sip it slow, it's sure to do the trick." It's not my original idea.....it's from Papercrafts magazine, Nov. 2004 issue. It was a big hit!

And last but not least, our biggest Christmas surprise, our chocolate lab became a mother! She gave birth to 5 puppies on the night of the 23rd and DH discovered them on Christmas Eve morning when he went out to feed the dogs. We didn't even know she was pregnant. DH noticed she had "gained some weight" but he attributed it to winter weight. I guess she and our male chocolate lab "got together" when no one was looking!




I hoe you have a happy and safe New Year's Eve! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

What cute pups!!! Happy New Year to you and your family! Suz

Janice said...

Happy New Year Carol!! What an awesome Christmas!! And new puppies too!! I also watched the Twilight Zone today (and do every year)!! I didn't get to stitch this year. DH decided we would put away the Christmas decorations and since he was willing to help I agreed. Here's wishing you a joyous and blessed New Year!!
HUGS!!!!!!

Meari said...

Congrats on your grandpuppies :D Happy New Year!!

Name: Vicki said...

Thanks for leaving me the comments! All of your babies(human and furry) are beautiful! I like your finishes. You've realy done some beautiful work! Thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only one who falls out of love with some of your UFOs! We also have watching Twilight Zone and stitching on New Year's Day in common. I don't ever get tired of watching the same episodes over and over! Keep up the good work. Happy day!